The power to create a world, solely from the words written by your own mind, is a gift that should never be hidden.

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Struggling authors, thoughts, joy, and another random blog.

I have struggled with what to blog about lately.
No.
It isn't a writers block, in fact I have had many ideas, but I dismiss them all  as soon as I think of them. Why? Well..perhaps because there is so much going on that I feel every one of them should have their 15 minutes in the sun. Or, it could be that my mind is like a spring bird, flitting from one idea to the next so quickly it never has a chance to light on any one area, before flying off to the next.
So what am I blogging about then?
Nothing, and everything would be my response. In no particular order and with no intent to be negative, or too positive. Here are some thoughts...

As of late I have watched some of my good friends struggle with their own demons.

I have an old friend that has announced he is getting married. (First time and well deserved! Congrats to him!)

I have a new(ish) friend that has been having some issues in her own life that are working to tear her down, yet when I put my hand out for help she was the first one to grab it and offer assistance when others have just moved on.

I have a friend I have never met, who lives not too far away, but a world apart, feel the weight of her world too much for her own shoulders. She is taking a much needed break from her own "friends" on social media who instead of support, seek to tear her down. In stead of praise and help, they inject their "opinions".

I question my own past experiences with writing, while enjoying the best month ever, as far as sales go. (No I am not getting rich, but every single sale puts a smile on my face.)

Spring is coming and with it the chance to once again get outside, enjoy the sun, spend time doing things that I love with the people that I love. It will be a good summer, I know it will!

I have family that are not well, and it reminds me of my own illnesses that plague me. It is said that pain is a reminder you are still alive. Lately, sometimes I am much more alive.

“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.” August Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment