The power to create a world, solely from the words written by your own mind, is a gift that should never be hidden.

Wednesday 9 January 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP
Thanks to @Branli on twitter or http://branlicaidryn.com/blog for the invite to the hop! Please take a moment to look back at his Q+A session about Phoenix Splinter!
There are the books everyone has heard about: Twilight, Hunger Games, Fifty Shades of Gray. But there are soooo many more books out there just waiting to be discovered. And that’s what this blog hop is all about.
This blog hop is like a game of tag. One author posts and tags a few other authors who link back to their website the next week and tag five new authors. If you follow the blog hop long enough, you’re bound to find some books you’ll love! Maybe you’ll even discover a book that ends up being the next big thing.
So with no further delays...here you go!
1: What is the title of your book?
     The Event!
2: Where did the idea come from for the book?
     Actually, I fell in love with Will Smiths movie I am Legend, and wanted to test the waters with my own post apocalyptic work. Hence, The Event.
3: What genre does your book fall under?
     Most people think of it as Dystopian, however I run it right down the middle of a Fantasy/Fiction line.
4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
     Tough one. I think I would have to leave that to others to decide. My characters are themselves. I made a point while writing to not base them on any specific person.
5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
     Can evil ever truly be destroyed, or does it merely transform.
6: Who is your publisher?
    That would be me. I am an Indie publisher, however, should anyone wish to pick me up for traditional publishing, I wouldn't complain.
7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
     It was just over a year in total. It has taken another year to polish it while working on (too many) new titles.
8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
     I have honestly never seen a work like mine. It crosses many conventional boundaries. However, my work has been compared to that of Tad Williams.
9: Who or What inspired you to write this book?
     You could blame the video game industry. I just got tired of playing games and decided that I could try using my computer for something more constructive. An hour or so later, and the start of a first chapter, my wife looked at me and said. "Wow, you can write!" So I decided to keep working on it.
10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
     Action. I write like I want to watch movies. It's okay to have scenes that are a touch slow, but you need to follow it up with something unexpected, different, sometimes even odd. If you are too slow, people will put your work down and never pick it up again.
Ready for next weeks authors? Here you go! Please take a moment to check out their pages as well.
First we have http://www.amylaurens.com/ aka Amy Laurens (tough to deduce I know!) whom I have known for quite a while now. She has always been supportive of my works as well as many others.

Next we have http://wjsmithblog.blogspot.ca/ aka Wendy Jane Smith. I met this talented writer via twitter and she has worked with me on many of my prior books and shorts. You would do yourself a service to check out her blog, as well as her writing!

1 comment:

  1. remorse and embarrassment.These feelings can cause you and provide no value. satta king

    satta king

    ReplyDelete