The power to create a world, solely from the words written by your own mind, is a gift that should never be hidden.

Thursday 24 March 2011

No longer waiting...

I didn't place in the top 20... That can only mean I came in #21 right? So close! It's OK though, this is my first time EVER entering any kind of contest and I didn't really think I would place. My work is good but I'm not going to kid myself. It's not perfect, yet. So this is a good a time as any to take a step back and look at my first chapter again. I have had some good feedback from people on it and it is generally well accepted but it doesn't quite have that 'snap' that it needs. It has to pull people in and make them want to read more, then more and even more. The story is there I just need the right hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment