The power to create a world, solely from the words written by your own mind, is a gift that should never be hidden.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Patience, or a reasonable facsimile thereof

So I got some AWESOME responses to my contest entry. The feedback was great and I gained a few new followers here too, however I haven't yet got the response I am waiting for. It turns out that I am not a very patient person. Sure, I can be under certain circumstances heck I have done the same job for seventeen years; but for some reason with this contest I am just not the waiting around or do something else kind of person. I can't really tell you why this time is so different. Perhaps it's because I keep dreaming I won and got to meet Judith. (She was a totally awesome agent in that dream too. Super nice. My wife and kids loved her.) Perhaps it is because I actually think I have a real chance of winning? I like to think so. I know my writing is good. Hold on, stop right there. No, I don't have that large of a swollen ego. I said it is good. It is by no means perfect, or awesome or .. you get the idea. It needs work. I must have re-written that first page over ten times. It was polished to a shine. The other pages are still a work in progress. SO... I have as good a chance as anyone else out there. It all depends on the agent's taste. IF their taste's run the same as my own; the hook might have sunk in. That is the biggest problem I seem to be facing though. Does the agent have the same taste as me or not? It has been six days now with no hint of a response. I have done some harassing err stalking um, gentle questioning perhaps *cough* and as far as I know there hasn't been a single hint of a response from this contest. I made a promise to myself to start querying agents this month regardless of the outcome of the contest and now with the help of my good twitter friend @ReneeDillon my work is getting a fresh set of eyes to once again add some polish. After this draft I should have a very reasonable product to start pushing on sales. So instead of hitting that submit button I am once again forced to wait. Perhaps forced is too strong a word, I am choosing to wait. I want it to be done right; the first time. So I sit, and hit the refresh button, and check my email for that all important message. Perhaps it will read... You are the one! or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment