The power to create a world, solely from the words written by your own mind, is a gift that should never be hidden.

Monday 25 April 2011

You think too much!

A friend at work said this to me a while back. At first I kept my mouth shut and thought about what they had said. (Proving them true of course) Then I realized that in a way, probably unintentionally, this was actually a compliment. Because, yes, I do think to much!

There isn't a moment going by that I don't think. I think about my family, my friends, my work and sometimes even about my book(s). From the moment I wake till the second I fall asleep I am thinking. Even in my dreams I think about things that bother me or things I need to do. My thoughts never end. I have only found one way to shut it off, but I won't be discussing that here. Perhaps a topic for another day.
I actually remember the first time I was told to think. It really hit home, I was only a child and I am not sure how old I was at the time but my father was mad at me. That did happen a lot as a child but another topic for another day here too. I only remember him telling me to THINK for a change. I am sure at that time he was angry at me for something that is normal for a child to do but it was his actions that really stuck in my head. To think. I can honestly say that I made an effort at that time to think about everything. No matter how small. Back then it was to keep myself out of trouble but it has changed over the last thirty plus years. To this day it has stuck with me all the time. My thoughts can go so far into the future that it is hard to keep myself grounded in today. Other days my thoughts are so random that to explain them just makes people shake their head in wonder.
Regardless though I am glad that I am a thinker. Without it how would I make up those stories?
So my friends, what makes you think? Or not think? What I ask of you, are your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment