The power to create a world, solely from the words written by your own mind, is a gift that should never be hidden.

Sunday 1 May 2011

Marrage and the times

It seems to be happening more and more. Divorce, it used to be a hushed word only said in dark corners and whispered to each other out of ear shot of children. Now, it is a household word, children know what it means and in many occasions have seen it happen to their own parents multiple times.

I can only speak for myself here. REMEMBER this is my opinion only.

Marriage is very important to me. I waited a long time to find the one person that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Without her my life wouldn't be what it is today. As far as I was concerned we were married from the moment she said yes. We didn't need a big ceremony or a preacher to stand and make it so. God hears our thoughts and our minds are open to him. When we agreed to spend the rest of our lives together from that moment on I knew I would be with only one woman. My wife.

There are many people out there that will now disagree with me. That's OK you too have your right to an opinion. Now having said my piece I need you to know. There are reasons for a divorce. I would be happy to discuss them with anyone who would like to ask. A few examples might be, your husband/wife turns out to be a mass murderer, your husband wife has a totally secret life that you never knew about.

Yes, there are excuses for everything. The biggest problem I have is how easy it is to get a divorce. It is so easy that people just choose to take the option at the first sign of trouble. Perhaps we all need to listen hard to the words that we say in front of the preacher at our weddings.

Till death do us part.

For me I really hope that it is a long long time from now. I am looking forward to enjoying a long and happy life with the woman I love. The bumps along the way? they will only make us stronger. My wife becoming my best friend instead of my wife? She already is my best friend and my wife. It is just one more thing that makes me love her even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment